The Company has three types of members, namely:
- ordinary members,
- affiliate members and
- honorary members.
The Company is funded through membership fees which are paid by all members except for honorary members. Membership fees will be reviewed annually and submitted to the Management Committee for approval.
Membership of FERTASA consists of the following categories:
1. Ordinary Members
Companies and institutions which derive its income from any of the following activities shall be deemed Ordinary Members, namely:
- manufacturing of raw materials, intermediate and/or finished fertiliser products;
- mixing of, and resale of raw materials, intermediate and/or finished fertiliser product under own brand name;
- trading in raw materials, intermediate and/or finished fertiliser products;
- supply of micro-nutrients and other materials for use in fertilisers;
- production and marketing of agricultural lime;
- in all instances “fertilisers” means chemical, organic and semi-organic fertilisers included in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3 fertilisers as defined in the Regulations, 2012 of Act 36 of 1947.
Ordinary membership contributions and voting rights are based on the following membership levels:
- Level 1a: Companies with an annual turnover of less than R25 million;
- Level 1b: Companies with an annual turnover of between R25-50 million;
- Level 2: Companies with an annual turnover of between R50 to R200 million;
- Level 3: Companies with an annual turnover of between R200 to R500 million;
- Level 4: Companies with an annual turnover of between R500 million to R1 billion;
- Level 5: Companies with an annual turnover of between R1 to R1,8 billion;
- Level 6: Companies with an annual turnover of more than R1,8 billion.
The minimum/maximum turnover limits for ordinary members can be revised from time to time by the Board of Directors to make provision for changing circumstances.
2. Affiliate Members
Affiliate members shall be those companies, institutions, associations and individuals who do not qualify for ordinary membership and/or where the holding company is already an ordinary member of the Society.
3. Honorary Members
Honorary Members shall be those persons who, having been proposed and seconded by ordinary members, are elected as Honorary Members by unanimous vote of the corporate and ordinary members present and voting at Annual General Meetings.
Application for membership
Written application for membership, in such form as may from time to time be laid down and having been proposed and seconded by corporate and/or ordinary members, are elected as corporate, ordinary or affiliate members in accordance with the rules of FERTASA.
Kindly note that once the Board has approved an application in principle, membership only becomes official once membership fees have been paid in full.
For more information on the Memorandum of Incorporation of the Fertilizer Association of Southern Africa or membership of the Association, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org