16 Feb 2016
09:00 - Technical
56th Annual Congress
Feedback on the 2015 Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition Symposium
IFA position on crop NUE
4R Extension handbook (IPNI)
Harvest Zinc Fertiliser Project
Africa's Agricultural Potential
Fertasa is a recognised and preferred body aimed at promoting the image of the fertiliser industry through:
- Promoting the integrity of each member and building preferential trust for their products and services.
- Enhancing and protecting the interest of its members through effective engagement with government and organised agriculture.
This is because Fertasa members are committed to:
- A code of conduct;
- An audited set of standards;
- Relevant scientifically based recommendations;
- Continual learning and improvement
To provide a credible platform to promote the responsible and sustainable use of fertilisers.
To be recognised as the representative voice for the fertiliser industry
and as the stamp of approval for responsible and sustainable soil fertility and plant nutrition in Southern Africa.
Code of Conduct
Members of Fertasa subscribe to a code of conduct and undertake to:
- Conform to the mission and objectives of Fertasa as stipulated in the Memorandum of Incorporation;
- Act in accordance with the letter and spirit of laws and regulations which have relevance on the
fertiliser and agricultural lime industries;
- Respect and honour contractual agreements entered into with their customers and suppliers;
Read more >>
--------->Recommended by Fertasa for their fields of expertise
Fertasa members qualify for a 10% discount on the registration fee.
Please mark your registration: "Fertasa member"
ESAF: East and Southern Africa Fertiliser Trade Platform
– The East and Southern Africa region has 22 countries, 10 of which the International
Monetary Fund considers to be some of the fastest growing economies in the world. However, with this economic growth the
region continues to be plagued by malnutrition, hunger and poverty. The region - like so many on the continent - has vast
amounts of arable land, but due to low agricultural productivity and poor soil management by the population, agriculture has
not ameliorated poverty and hunger among the rural poor where 70% of the population resides.
Therefore, investing in improved agricultural production is vital to the region's economic transformation to bring about lasting
solutions for alleviating poverty and achieving food security on the continent. The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership
n collaboration with the Alliance for Commodity Trade on East and Southern Africa (ACTESA) has established the East and
Southern Africa Fertilizer Trade Platform (ESAF) to facilitate and coordinate enhanced private sector investment and participation
in the procurement and distribution of fertiliser in the region.
Read more >>
Fertasa announces with pride its members who have been
awarded the Fertasa Certificate of Compliance:
Profert - Davey Road, Durban
Profert - Methvin Road, Durban
Experse Surfactant Technology - a Division of AECI Limited
To request an audit of your facilities please contact
------ Joe Hanekom
Website created by Julie McLachlan, Fertasa - Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Although everything has been done to ensure the accuracy of the information,
Fertasa takes no responsibility for actions or losses that might occur due to the usage of this information.