Structure of FERTASA
FERTASA is managed and directed by a Board of Directors who are elected by and representative of the ordinary members. The Board of Directors report to the Management Committee which comprises representatives from all ordinary and affiliate members. The Management Committee appoints operational committees to attend to various aspects of the business of FertASA.
Board of Directors
The Board of directors manages and directs the business and affairs of FERTASA. The Board comprises six (6) directors, and one (1) executive director (the Chief Executive Officer of FERTASA). The directors are elected by the ordinary members with equal representation from both smaller and larger member companies.
- Actively promote the agro-economic and environmentally accountable fertiliser and aglime practices;
- Develop a positive public awareness and acceptance of the need for fertiliser and aglime use in food production;
- Improve the operating environment within which its constituent industries operate in a spirit of free enterprise and fair trade;
- Assimilate, adds value to and disseminates fertiliser and aglime related information;
- Provide a discussion forum for its members and other parties on all aspects relating to fertiliser and aglime distribution, agronomic advice and product quality.